The purpose and objectives of the Stormwater Code are as follows:
- To maintain and improve the quality of surface water and groundwater within Rapides Parish;
- To prevent the discharge of contaminated stormwater runoff from industrial, commercial, residential, and construction sites into the municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) and natural waters affected by Rapides Parish;
- To promote public awareness of the hazards involved in the improper discharge of hazardous substances, petroleum products, household hazardous waste, industrial waste, sediment from construction sites, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, and other contaminants into the storm sewers and natural waters of Rapides Parish;
- To encourage the recycling of used motor oil and safe disposal of other hazardous consumer products;
- To facilitate compliance with state and federal standards and permits by owners and operators of industrial and construction sites within Rapides Parish; and
- To enable the Rapides Parish Police Jury to comply with all federal and state laws and regulations applicable to stormwater discharges.
See the full Stormwater Pollution Prevention document for more information, or follow the link below.